The only fire damage resource you will ever need
When the firefighters leave, it may seem like the danger has passed and the home is safe from further destruction, but without professionals to help clean the smoke damage, the building may never return to normal.
SERVPRO of Biloxi professionals perform emergency services to limit secondary damages to property.
Experience and sufficient manpower is required for restoration after a fire. Procedures may vary depending on the type of damage to a building and the level or severity of the fire and smoke damage, and this means that it shouldn’t be attempted by a homeowner. The trained professionals at SERVPRO of Biloxi should be called on-site immediately. We can clean smoke damage and restore items affected by a fire, but we must be brought to the site as soon as possible to halt the ongoing issues that ash residue can cause.
Ash residue is easily disturbed and can spread through the building causing nearly everything to need restoration. The only way to properly clean smoke and fire damage is to be extremely thorough. The experts at SERVPRO of Biloxi pretest to determine what items must be replaced, what items can be cleaned, and what items are questionable, as well as what items do not need cleaning.
SERVPRO of Biloxi professional restorers will locate the source of any smoke odors, and treat with specialized detergents that are formulated for neutralizing these kinds of odors. Once materials are treated, they can be sealed off to prevent any further odor from permeating the air in the future.
What to do until help arrives:
- Do not attempt to wash any walls.
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting a professional restoration service.
- Do not use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat, or water. They may have been contaminated.
- Do limit the movement in the house to prevent soot particles from being impregnated into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can impregnate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing more damage.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to prevent odors from developing
For more information on the services that SERVPRO of Biloxi provides regarding water and fire damage cleanup for your commercial or residential structure call 228-396-3965.