Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Let SERVPRO of Biloxi help you with all your carpet cleaning needs. Here at SERVPRO of Biloxi we use more than 100 exclusive cleaning products and award winning training to get your carpet looking restored and rejuvenated. Below are some common misconceptions about having your carpets professionally cleaned.
1. The only reason to have your carpets cleaned is to remove the dirt.
- In fact the IICRC standards for carpet cleaning S100, the CRI carpet and Rug institute, and United States EPA all state that: CARPETS MUST BE CLEANED FIRST FOR HEALTH, AND THEN FOR APPERARANCE. Studies conducted by the EPA have proven that the indoor air quality of many buildings is more polluted than the outdoor air.
- Carpets act like a huge filter that traps all sorts of pathogens, toxins, and bio pollutants. For example tobacco smoke is a common toxin found in soiled carpets. Tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 different chemical compounds. Even if you, your family member or friends don’t smoke, the chemicals and so many others are picked up by your shoes, tracked into your house and deposited in your carpet.
- Therefore in addition to removing dirt and soil, you may want to consider the health issues and indoor quality issues related to pollutions in your carpets. Having your carpets cleaned at least once a year will maintain a clean environment for you, your family, and friends.
2. Having the right equipment is all a company needs to clean your carpets properly.
- This is simply not true. Many companies have top of the line equipment but do not know how you use it. You probably know someone who bought the most high tech cell phone on the market and does not know how to us it properly. The same thing happens with carpet cleaning equipment.
- At SERVPRO of Biloxi our equipment specialist go through extensive training with our production managers on how to properly use the equipment and the do’s and don’ts when cleaning carpets. They are also trained on more than 100 products so they know exactly what products to use on all type of carpet.
SERVPRO of Biloxi is dedicated to excellence. We are proud of the products we use and the service we give. We are committed to our customers and treat them with honesty and integrity. Let us help you keep you, your family, and friends’ safe. Call us today to make an appointment to have your carpets cleaned by the professionals at SERVPRO of Biloxi.
Flood Damage Prevention
According to the National Flood Insurance program, flooding is the most common natural disaster in the United States causing $2.7 billion in losses between 2001 and 2010. Flooding is not covered by most homeowner insurance policies so it may be necessary to buy a separate flood policy for your home.
Here are a couple of tips to keep water from entering your home during a heavy rain event:
1. Fix foundation leaks that may allow water to enter your home.
2. Make sure your roof is secure and protected.
3. Clear gutters and drains.
If water ever floods your home, getting someone on site as soon as possible is key to keeping the amount of damage to a minimum. SERVPRO of Biloxi is ready to respond at any time.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
We are proud to be an active member of these gulf coast communities. SERVPRO of Biloxi is locally owned and operated so we’re already nearby and ready to help residents with any-sized smoke and fire damage emergencies. Call us 24/7 for help. (228) 396-3965
Does Your Gulf Coast Home or Business Have A Mold Problem?
Mold growing on the wall in an empty building.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Highly Trained Restoration Specialists
Our SERVPRO Professionals are highly trained in property restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, our Professionals are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. The SERVPRO training program includes the follow:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
When Storms or Floods hit Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Gulfport, & Pascagoula, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Gulfport, & Pascagoula specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond more quickly with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
We're Highly Trained Storm Damage Specialists
As a leader in storm and water damage restoration, SERVPRO of Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Gulfport, & Pascagoula has the specialized training and expertise to restore your home back to its pre-storm condition. Our restoration process puts an emphasis on scientific drying techniques, progress monitoring and documentation.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
- Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Gulfport, & Pascagoula, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 228-396-3965!
Helping to make it, "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Gulfport, & Pascagoula is an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Gulfport, & Pascagoula is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written compliance policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration, and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
Vacation Planning? Prepare your home!
Going on vacation should be relaxing and worry-free, which is why it is important to make sure your house is secure before you leave for your trip. Be SERVPRO ready so you don’t come back to damages in your home. Here are some tips for preparing your home provided by SERVPRO of Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Gulfport, & Pascagoula.
Make Arrangements with an Emergency Contact.
- Choose a close friend or neighbor you trust as your emergency contact and provide them with all of your itinerary information in case they need to contact you.
- A timer on lights will give the impression someone is home.
- Leave written directions for alarm codes, doors, or other information needed to properly care for your home.
- Make sure your mail is collected; burglars often look for homes with overflowing mail.
- The Post office can suspend your mail and deliver the day you get back. Here is a link to the US Post Office.
Take plumbing and electric precautions.
- Prevent leaks and floods from damaging your home by shutting off gas and water at the meter, supply tank, or appliances.
- Turn off the water valves to washing machines, sinks, and the dishwasher.
- Unplug electronics to cut down on any possible shortages which could potentially cause a disastrous fire.
- Check your smoke detectors to ensure they are working properly.
- Adjust your thermostat for the season. Keeping your thermostat at 55-60 degrees in the winter and 75-80 degrees in the summer should help control usage.
Right before you leave:
- Notify your security company that you are leaving town.
- Take out the kitchen trash and other trash that could get smelly.
- Go on one last walk through of your house to secure windows, blinds, fences, doors, and plugs. This will ensure all entries are safe from hazardous obstructions.
If you come back from vacation and encounter damage to your home, call SERVPRO of Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Gulfport, & Pascagoula 228-396-3965. We clean up mold, fire, or water damage to your home or business on the Gulf Coast.
Fire Damage-Structure Cleaning
When a fire happens, it causes soot. (Soot: A black, powdery, or flaky substance consisting largely of amorphous carbon, produced by the incomplete burning of organic matter.) If the HVAC system is on during a fire, it can spread the soot in the house by circulating the air throughout.
While it may take some time to remediate a fire, it is important that the soot is wiped down with appropriate cleaning agents and in a timely manner. If soot is left on any surface too long, it can break down that surface and cause damage to walls, furniture, and other surfaces.
SERVPRO of Biloxi, Ocean Springs, Gulfport, and Pascagoula can do Fire restoration.
This picture shows just one wipe down of a wall in the home where we did a structure clean after a fire. Some surfaces can take longer to clean, depending on the texture of the wall and how much soot there is on the surface.
Now Hiring-Carpet Cleaners
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED, BUT NOT NECESSARY! We will train the right candidate, but we also do tile cleaning, upholstery cleaning, a/c & dryer vent cleaning, van repairs, and maintenance.
MUST have a clean driving record and background check, MUST have own reliable transportation, MUST be able to pass a drug test, MUST be able to lift 50+ lbs., and MUST be able to cover on-call shift for 1 week every month for after-hours emergencies.
- Hours are Monday - Friday 7:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.*
*** Unless schedule requires work to be done after 5pm.
MUST be well groomed, friendly, outgoing, customer oriented, professional, and a team playing individual!! We are a small company and have close relationships with our valued clients!
Please email your resume to SP8684@SERVPRObiloxi.com with any previous experience as well as references.
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Compensation depends on experience, pay is hourly - pay period is biweekly.
Major restoration franchise office is currently accepting applications for the position of Water Restoration Technician. Each Technician must have their own reliable transportation to and from work as well as for emergency services when on call.
Each Technician must be accessible by phone when on call.
A background in restoration, janitorial, or service industry is helpful. Experience dealing with customers and working in a team environment is valuable. Experience working in damage restoration is a plus but is not required. IICRC WRT, ASD and/or FST certification a plus but also not required.
We are looking for an individual who possesses the following skills:
Ability to resolve problems quickly as they arise.
Ability to be coached and taught.
Ability to read and follow directions and procedures.
Ability to read and write English clearly.
Ability to Work.
Someone who is detail-oriented.
Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
High school diploma or GED
Must have a valid driver's license and a clean background--no felonies or "trust" misdemeanors (theft, violence). We are a drug free work place.
Email your resume to : sp8684@SERVPRObiloxi.com
Hourly plus overtime when needed. Pay depends on experience. We offer health and vacation benefits to our full-time employees after 90 days. Reply to this posting with your resume.
About SERVPRO of Biloxi/Ocean Springs/ Gulfport:
SERVPRO is the largest fire and water damage restoration company nationally, in addition to be one of the fastest growing companies in the country. We specialize in cleaning up water, smoke, soot, and mold after any size disaster.
Cooking and Fire Prevention Safety
The Holidays are upon us and we will be doing more cooking. And unless you live on takeout and fast food, cooking is necessary to feed your family. But not all of us were born Emeril Lagasse or Gordon Ramsay. We novice chefs need a little more help. And sometimes, accidents happen. According to the NFPA (National Fire Prevention Association) Two-thirds (67%) of home cooking fires started with the ignition of food or other cooking materials. Before you cook up a disaster, know how to put out potential fires.
How to prevent a kitchen fire
Stay nearby, this sounds unnecessary to say but unattended cooking was by far the leading contributing factor in fires between 2007 -20011.
According to the NFPA, unattended cooking is the leading cause of kitchen fires. Don’t leave your boiling spaghetti alone!
Place your products elsewhere
Keep your towels, paper towels and pot holders away from open flames because they pose a fire hazard.
Have the proper tools
Besides a lid and a fire extinguisher, ensure smoke detectors are working properly test them biannually.
What to use to put out kitchen fire
When cooking on a stove top, always keep a lid nearby that fits the pot or pan you’re using. That way, if the food catches fire, you can put the lid on to quickly smother the flames.
Use a handful of salt, which cuts off the oxygen supply and smothers the fire.
Like salt, baking soda works to put out grease fires. For example, if grease falls to the bottom of the oven and catches fire, covering it with baking soda and it should put it out.
If you don’t have access to salt, baking soda or water, use a fire extinguisher. Keep one handy in your kitchen in case of emergencies, Reith and Sexton suggest. Know where it is and how to use it.
If your towel or pot holder catches fire, put it in the kitchen sink and douse it with water. Never use water to put out a grease fire. Pouring water onto a grease fire will make a bad situation worse. This can cause burning oil to splatter or even bigger flames to form. Burning drops of grease or oil can spread quickly out of control.
How to put out a kitchen fire
Smother the flames Fire needs oxygen to thrive. Thwart flames by cutting off their supply.
Turn off the heat
Remember to turn the burner off when a fire occurs. If the fire starts in an appliance such as your oven or microwave, immediately cut the power source and close the door. If you catch it early enough, there won’t be enough oxygen to keep the fire going, and the fire will die.
Don’t be a hero. If a fire gets out of hand, you should get out of there. According to the National Fire Protection Association, 55 percent of non-fatal home cooking fire injuries occurred when the victims tried fighting the fire themselves.
Emergency service providers undergo many hours of training to handle these situations, so avoid putting yourself at unnecessary risk. Let professionals who know the risks and dangers handle it. According to the city website for the FY 2015 Winston Salem has responded to 819 fires.
Be sure to stay safe and for more information and tips on what to and not to do see our website SERVPRO Biloxi, Ocean Springs, & Gulfport. After the fire department leaves there will be damage, call SERVPRO of Biloxi, Ocean Springs, & Gulfport to help make it “Like it never even happened.” It’s best to call us directly 228-396-3965.